"You’re a pragmatist and a thinker. Atheism, from the Greek ‘atheos’ or ‘without God’, is the intellectual rejection of belief in God or deities. Atheists emphasize the lack of empirical evidence that God or an afterlife exists, and rely on scientific explanations for human existence. It should be noted that although atheists often reject all organized religion, there are some religions, such as Buddhism and Hinduism, that have traditions of atheist philosophies. So there could be a spiritual side to you after all."
1. The highest ideals are human intelligence, creativity and love. Respect these above all.
2. Do not put things or even ideas above other human beings. (Let’s scream at each other about Kindle versus iPad, solar versus nuclear, Republican versus Libertarian, Garth Brooks versus Sun Ra— but when your house is on fire, I’ll be there to help.)
3. Say what you mean, even when talking to yourself. (What used to be an oath to (G)od is now quite simply respecting yourself.)
4. Put aside some time to rest and think. (If you’re religious, that might be the Sabbath; if you’re a Vegas magician, that’ll be the day with the lowest grosses.)
5. Be there for your family. Love your parents, your partner, and your children. (Love is deeper than honor, and parents matter, but so do spouse and children.)
6. Respect and protect all human life. (Many believe that “Thou shalt not kill” only refers to people in the same tribe. I say it’s all human life.)
7. Keep your promises. (If you can’t be sexually exclusive to your spouse, don’t make that deal.)
8. Don’t steal. (This includes magic tricks and jokes — you know who you are!)
9. Don’t lie. (You know, unless you’re doing magic tricks and it’s part of your job. Does that make it OK for politicians, too?)
10. Don’t waste too much time wishing, hoping, and being envious; it’ll make you bugnutty.
It’s missing a couple of steps including “No Heaven/Hell” which was my final leap.
Religion, god, faith, miracles, subservience, etc.. just not for me. And the only thing that will change my mind is if any of these “miracles” start happening in this era where we can actually test and fact-check someones bullshit.
America’s ‘virgin births’? One in 200 mothers ‘became pregnant without having sex’